RESIDENCY Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research]
 April to December
São Paulo, Brazil.
Residency on Contemporary Art Research
Permanent Open Call with monthly notice
Permanent Open Call to the Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research] contemporary art residency, managed by Cooperativa de Arte, together with Curatoría Forense – Latin America, that will be carried out from April to December 2017, in the city of São Paulo (Brazil).
The residency Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research] is an instance of reflection, research and documentation on contemporary art, as well as an opportunity of exchange with local agents and organizations.
The initiative is oriented to researcher visual artists, historian and art researchers, curators, art management’s, art teachers and other cultural agents.
Participants: 2 persons per month
Proposed dates for the realization of the residencies:
- APRIL: from April 4th to April 30th, 2017.
- MAY: from May 2nd to May 28th, 2017.
- JUNE: from May 31st to June 26th, 2017.
- JULY: from July 3rd to July 29th, 2017.
- AUGUST: from August 2nd to August 28th, 2017.
- SEPTEMBER: from September 4th to September 30th, 2017.
- OCTOBER: from October 3rd to October 29th, 2017.
- NOVEMBER: from November 2nd to November 28th, 2017.
- DECEMBER: from December 4th to December 30th, 2017.
The dates of beginning and ending will be agreed with the selected
Participation fee: usd$1200 (one thousand and two hundred American dollars)
- 27 days / 26 nights accommodation (in a shared room), Breakfast; and use of the common spaces of Uberbau_house: kitchen, living room and yard.
- Free access to all the activities of Uberbau_house.
- Free access to the library and archive of contemporary art Reserva Ideologica.
- Free access with editor profile to the database VADB – community of Latin American Contemporary Art.
- Two public instances of presentation and conversation of your work
- Tracing and counseling from the coordination team.
- Meeting program with local agents: artist, curators, art management’s, researchers and other relevant agents from the scene.
Does not include:
- Transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Lunch and dinner. Group meals will be planned.
Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions.
Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
To postulate, fill the Application Formulary
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is possible thanks to the work Jorge Sepúlveda T. (Curator, Critic and Art Researcher), and Guillermina Bustos (Artist and Art Researcher), Paola Fabres (Curator and Researcher) and Marina Torre (Curator and producer).
The residency Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research] is member of:
Colaborate with press diffusion:
About the Residencies Programs in Latin America:
Since 2010, the work team of Curatoría Forense – Latin america, together with Cooperativa de Arte, have produced and coordinated a total of 30 residencies of Contemporary Art in association with art managers and organizations in seven Latinamerican countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay) gathering more than 300 artist, curators, researchers, historians and art contemporary managements.