RESIDENCY Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research]
 – OPEN CALL – deadline 30th of June 2020
São Paulo, Brazil.
+info whatsapp group
The residency Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research] is an instance of reflection, research and documentation on contemporary art, as well as an opportunity of exchange with agents and organizations in São Paulo (Brazil) and all over Latin America.
As well are instance of coexistence and respect, against any type of ethnic, gender and sexual discrimination.
The Residence Uberbau_house + Arquivo is aimed at those who want:
> develop an independent research
> plan a strategy of art production or a strategy of career
> write a thesis in process, essays or a book
> deepen your knowledge in contemporary art
The initiative is oriented to researcher visual artists, historian and art researchers, curators, art management’s, art teachers, sociologist, anthropologists, and other cultural agents and social science professionals.
>No prior research knowledge is required.
- Participants: 6 persons per month
- Language: Spanish, portuguese and english.
Some RESEARCH TOPICS that we work at Uberbau_house +Arquivo Residencies
- Contemporary Art and social process
- Local Scenes and Artist Run Initiatives
- Curatorship and Art Editoriality
- Art System, Institutionality and Public Policies
Proposed PERIODS for the realization of the residencies:
|Residency Uberbau_house||Residency 1 month and a half Uberbau_house +Arquivo||Residency 2 month and a half Uberbau_house +Arquivo|
|17 days /
|1 month and a half
|2 months and a half
usd$950* (nine hundred and fifty
* The participation fee can be paid in fees via transfer by Western Union, Credit Card by Pay Pal, or deposit in bank account in Argentina, Chile or Brazil. Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions.
- Accommodation (in a shared room), Breakfast; and use of the common spaces of Uberbau_house: kitchen, living room, laundry room and dinning room.
- Free access to all the activities of Uberbau_house.
- Free access to the library and archive of contemporary art Reserva Ideologica.
- Public instances of presentation and conversation of the development of your work
- Tracing and counseling from the coordination team.
- Meeting program face-to-face in São Paulo and online with agents all over Latin America: artist, curators, art management’s, researchers and other relevant agents from the scene.
- Inclusion in online publication and semi-annual research fanzine.
Does not include:
- Transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Lunch and dinner. Group meals will be planned.
HOW TO APPLY
To postulate, fill the Application Formulary
Apart from fill the formulary you have to answer some questions relative to the research work you are going to develop during the residency.
- Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions.
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
+ info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Strategies: at Uberbau_house we follow the recommended care procedures to have a safe coexistence during residences and all our activities. We are attentive to resolve any unforeseen in relation to your trip and health issues.
This initiative is possible thanks to the work Jorge Sepúlveda T. (Curator, Critic and Art Researcher), and Guillermina Bustos (Artist and Art Researcher).
The residency Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research] is member of:
Colaborate with press diffusion:
About the Residencies Programs in Latin America:
Since 2010, the work team of Curatoría Forense – Latin america, together with Uberbau_house and Cooperativa de Arte, have produced and coordinated a total of 40 residencies of Contemporary Art in association with art managers and organizations in seven Latinamerican countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay) gathering more than 300 artist, curators, researchers, historians and art contemporary managements.