RESIDENCY Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research]
[2019 / 2020] – OPEN CALL – deadline 30th June 2019
São Paulo, Brazil.
+info whatsapp group
The residency Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research] is an instance of reflection, research and documentation on contemporary art, as well as an opportunity of exchange with agents and organizations in São Paulo (Brazil) and all over Latin America.
The Residence Uberbau_house + Arquivo is aimed at those who want:
> develop an independent research
> plan a strategy of art production or a strategy of career
> write a thesis in process, essays or a book
> deepen your knowledge in contemporary art
The initiative is oriented to researcher visual artists, historian and art researchers, curators, art management’s, art teachers, sociologist, anthropologists, and other cultural agents and social science professionals.
- Participants: 3 persons per month
- Language: Spanish, portuguese and english.
Some RESEARCH TOPICS that we work at Uberbau_house +Arquivo Residencies
- Contemporary Art and social process
- Local Scenes and Artist Run Initiatives
- Curatorship and Art Editoriality
- Art System, Institutionality and Public Policies
Proposed PERIODS for the realization of the residencies:
|Residency Uberbau_house||Residency 1 month and a half Uberbau_house +Arquivo||Residency 2 month and a half Uberbau_house +Arquivo|
|17 days /
|1 month and a half
|2 months and a half
usd$950* (nine hundred and fifty
* The participation fee can be paid in fees via transfer by Western Union, Credit Card by Pay Pal, or deposit in bank account in Argentina, Chile or Brazil. Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions.
- Accommodation (in a shared room), Breakfast; and use of the common spaces of Uberbau_house: kitchen, living room, laundry room and dinning room.
- Free access to all the activities of Uberbau_house.
- Free access to the library and archive of contemporary art Reserva Ideologica.
- Public instances of presentation and conversation of the development of your work
- Tracing and counseling from the coordination team.
- Meeting program face-to-face in São Paulo and online with agents all over Latin America: artist, curators, art management’s, researchers and other relevant agents from the scene.
- Inclusion in online publication and semi-annual research fanzine.
Does not include:
- Transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Lunch and dinner. Group meals will be planned.
HOW TO APPLY
To postulate, fill the Application Formulary
Apart from fill the formulary you have to answer some questions relative to the research work you are going to develop during the residency.
- Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions.
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
+ info: email@example.com
This initiative is possible thanks to the work Jorge Sepúlveda T. (Curator, Critic and Art Researcher), and Guillermina Bustos (Artist and Art Researcher) and Paola Fabres (Curator and Researcher).
The residency Uberbau_house +Arquivo [Contemporary Art Research] is member of:
Colaborate with press diffusion:
Residents Uberbau_house 2016 / 2017
- Juan Fernando Lopez (Bogota, Colombia) – economy and autonomus art management
- Laura Carvalho (São Paulo, Brazil) – the relation between color, architecture and the context
- Dafne Valdivia (Guanajuato, Mexico) – formal institutions v.s. autonomous art managements
- Dana Ferrrari (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – history of the artist role
- Jazmin Saidman (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – art pedagogy and didactics
- Guillermo Rodriguez (San Juan, Puerto Rico) – art and technology
- Leonel Mittmann (Porto Alegre, Brazil) – pixaçao, graffiti and urban art
- Abhishek Panchal (Mumbai, India) – artist as a educator
- Estíbaliz Barato (Madrid, Spain) – analisis models for art production
- Andrea Ospina (Manizales, Colombia) – art management, cultural management and temporal exception zone
- Fernanda Avendaño (Santiago of Chile) – architecture and social body
- Natalia Murcia (Bogota, Colombia) – contemporary art as methodology of research
- Silvia Mariotti (Milan, Italia) – the relation between visual and literary production
- Naoko Mabon (Scotland, UK) – construction of identity in japanese culture in Brazil
Residents Uberbau_house 2018
- Michel Marx (Montevideo, Uruguay) – artist role in Montevideo Local Scene Local
- Andrea Ferrero (Lima, Peru) – Memory process in Latin America
- Romina Estecher (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – recurrency in contemporary art process
- Pablo Foladori (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – the relation between Opera and contemporary art practices
- Felipe Nuñez (Oaxaca, Mexico) – la posibilidad de manifiesto de pintura contemporáneo
- María de los Ángeles Otarola (Mar del Plata, Argentina) – gestión cultural y gestión de arte
- Majo Vidal (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – art and feminism
- Jesús Jimenez (Morelia, Mexico) – concrete poetry and violence
- Tarix Sepúlveda (Santiago de Chile) – arquitecture
- Mateo Lopez Imán (El Bolsón, Argentina) – lingüístic genocide. symbol, power and contemporary art in Latin America.
- Genietta Varsi (Lima, Peru) – domestication and discipline of the human body.
- Frances Munar (Lima, Peru) – arquitectura del Sonido. Diálogos entre códigos e intersubjetividad para latinoamérica.
About the Residencies Programs in Latin America:
Since 2010, the work team of Curatoría Forense – Latin america, together with Uberbau_house and Cooperativa de Arte, have produced and coordinated a total of 40 residencies of Contemporary Art in association with art managers and organizations in seven Latinamerican countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay) gathering more than 300 artist, curators, researchers, historians and art contemporary managements.